Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Earl Grey Lavender by Adagio Teas

Seller Description: "Lavender has a long history of medicinal, culinary, and household use. For one, its sweet, floral fragrance is notably sooting, invoking relaxation. Combined with the classic blend of Earl Grey's citrus and a hint of cream this black tea blend is sure to become a quiet time favorite."
Directions: 1 tsp/8oz. Steep at 212 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-5 minutes.
Cost: $6/3oz

Teaware: 16oz capacity hand-thrown mug
Measured dry: 2 tsp
Water Temperature: Boiling
Steeping Time: 5 minutes
Additives: 1-1/2 tbsp Sugar in the Raw

School’s out, the building is locked down for the summer, and now I just have two days of ESL training at district office before the real vacation starts! At least my morning started off on a high note – my husband made us biscuit, egg, and cheddar sandwiches for breakfast this morning, while I made us each a cup of this.
It’s been a while since I’ve had an Earl Grey Lavender, but I don’t remember the EG taking the backseat in such a decisive way. The lavender and the cream flavor are definitely the dominant notes, while the EG is little more than an aftertaste.
All in all, I think I would have liked this a lot more if it hadn’t been an Earl Grey cream. It’s still an okay tea, with all that lovely caffeine, but I don’t think this will be a cupboard staple.

Prominent Notes: Lavender and cream
Aftertaste: Bergamot
Overall: An interesting experiment, but the focus isn't strong enough on the Earl Grey. This will not move to the next round.

No comments:

Post a Comment