Friday, June 7, 2013

Earl Grey Creme by Teavana

Seller Description: "High tea is further elevated with tart bergamot orange tastefully tempered by creamy Madagascar vanilla then blended with the classic pomp of an Earl Grey black tea. A majestically smooth confection that is now available any time the senses desire. Sprinkled with sunny yellow marigold petals, this full leaf wonder is divinely delicious with a silky sweet finish. DAIRY FREE. Smooth infusion with bergamot overtones and a creamy vanilla finish."
Cost: $5.20/2oz

Teaware: Starbucks travel mug, pinch infuser
Measured dry: 2 tsp
Water Temperature: Boiling
Steeping Time: 3 minutes
Additives: 1-1/2 tbsp Sugar in the Raw

My first morning of summer vacation, but I can’t sleep in because our apartment complex is still working on the water. It’s only bothered me in the evenings so far, because I’ve been at school when the shut-off occurs and usually don’t have to deal with anything until I get home. But today, 10am-6:30pm is an awfully long time to camp in our apartment, so we have to catch our showers before we head out to the library or catch a movie matinee.
Hence my need for caffeine this early on the first day of summer! I’ve been trying out different Earl Greys in hope of finding the perfect cup for me, and Emilie was kind enough to include this one in our swap. Right now, the Teavana Earl Grey is the front-runner, so I was curious to try their other variations.
I have to admit I definitely needed the caffeine this morning, as I couldn’t place an element and asked my husband for his opinion on it. His take? Cocoa and Bailey’s Irish Cream. I have to agree with him – the cocoa is stronger, but the Irish Cream element is light but there. A very interesting mix, but I don’t think it will supplant my usual EG. Thanks for the opportunity to try this out, Emilie!

Prominent Notes: Cream
Aftertaste: Watery dark chocolate
Overall: Not a contender

2 comments:

  1. I have tried many Earl Grey teas and I concur that Teavana is tops. I drink over 1/2 gallon of hot tea per day and The Earl of Grey is still my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a tasty one, and has a much better price point than the majority of their teas, but as for my favorite... well, that's to be decided! ;)

      Delete