Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pumpkin Creme Brulee by Butiki Teas

As my husband and I looked up recipes for Thanksgiving, I couldn't resist grabbing this to help assuage my craving for pumpkin pie!




Seller Description: "Cinnamon, spice, and everything nice! Our Pumpkin Creme Brulee has a premium Organic Ceylon base and combines a scrumptious pumpkin with fall spices and a touch of cream for a delicious guilt-free treat. We recommend adding brown crystal sugar to enhance the cream flavor."
Ingredients: Organic Ceylon Black Tea, Organic Cinnamon Pieces, Pumpkin Flakes (vegan), Organic Nutmeg, Organic Natural Flavors (vegan)
WebsitePumpkin Creme Brulee by Butiki Teas
Sample source: Traveling Tea Box C

Teaware: Depression glass cup and saucer
Measured dry: 1 teaspoon
Water Temperature: 212º F
Steeping Time: 2 minutes, 30 seconds
Additives: 2 teaspoons of raw sugar

I first tried this blend when the Traveling Tea Box C came my way, and I am so glad someone had been willing to part with it! I love how laid back it is, and how it seems to sink you into that wonderful post-turkey Thanksgiving contentment. The rush is over, your shoes have been kicked off, and it's time to actually sit down and enjoy each other's company.

Now, I've made creme brûlée before, and while this is delightfully creamy, it reminds me more of the browned and melted sugar crust than the cream itself. It's like... a creme brûlée crust on a slice of creamy pumpkin pie. Yeah... it's that good.

The crunch of the brown sugar meets your tastebuds first, before it steps aside so you can greet the pumpkin and spice mix. Of the two flavor waves of this tea, the sugar crust does stand out a bit more, leaving the pumpkin pie flavors to function almost like an aftertaste.

Upon a re-steep, those pumpkin pie flavors vanish entirely, and you're left with the sugar crust. I think this will be a single-steep tea for me in the future, but it was worth a try!

Overall, this has the flavor of a decadent dessert with none of the regret! I may have to place an order for more before it sells out!

Prominent Notes: Browned sugar and cream
Aftertaste: Pumpkin pie
Overall: Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment