Friday, November 8, 2013

Apple Awakening Fruit Tea by Teavivre


Seller DescriptionTeaVivre's Fruit Tea's make great, low calorie, caffeine-free, refreshing drinks for anytime of the day. Made only from carefully matched flower petals, dried fruit and berries, they all have high levels of vitamins and minerals and – most importantly – taste and smell great! They are all fantastic to drink either hot or iced.
Ingredients: Roselle, Rose hip, Apple, Verbena (lippia citriodora)
WebsiteApple Awakening Fruit Tea by Teavivre
Sample source: Company Provided

Teaware: 16oz glass infuser mug
Measured dry: 4 teaspoons
Water Temperature: 212º F
Steeping Time: 8 minutes
Additives: 4 teaspoons of raw sugar added later

With the first snip of my scissors on the sample package, the gentle yet persistent scent of apples has filled the room. The blend itself is a thick, meaty combination of dried fruits and flowers.

Before I could tell my husband what the ingredients were, he immediately launched into a memory, telling me about the cherries his mother would can each fall. The joy of cracking open a jar and sampling the juice inside.

While cherries are conspicuously absent from the ingredients list, I can see where he's coming from. I only used half of the suggested dry blend, but it has become so thickly flavored that it resembles sweet fruit juice... in texture, taste, and in color!

The sweet yet tart bite of the apple combines with the rose hips and hibiscus to create the distinct flavor. I'm not getting much of the lemon verbena, but what I can pick out is adding to the illusion.

We enjoyed this tea at night, as a way to wind down after a hectic day. A slightly more diluted version would be wonderful for an afternoon tea party, and I'll keep it in mind when I plan my next one!

Prominent Notes: Apples and cherries
Aftertaste: A combination of hibiscus and rose hips
Overall: A tasty tea for an afternoon social

No comments:

Post a Comment