Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Organic Candy Cane by Simpson & Vail

This evening's tea is a cheerful yet soothing peppermint, as we move on to the Organic Candy Cane Rooibos Herbal Tisane by Simpson & Vail.


Seller Description: "It's fabulous hot or iced (so yes you can enjoy it in the summer too!) and with no added sugar, this calorie free blend is sure to please. The aroma of the dry leaf is amazing - a definite mood booster - with its euphoric aroma of minty sweetness. When brewed, this herbal blend has a taste that is tingly, refreshing, and harkens me back to my childhood - or rather just last December….. The taste lingers delicately and deliciously on the tongue. A cup of this tea brings joy to our day and we hope it does the same for you!"
Ingredients: Organic green Rooibos, natural candy cane flavor, organic stevia, and red and white organic cornflower petals.
WebsiteOrganic Candy Cane Rooibos Herbal Tisane by Simpson & Vail
Sample source: Provided

Teaware: 16oz glass infuser mug
Measured dry: 2-1/4 teaspoons
Water Temperature: 212º F
Steeping Time: 5 minutes
Additives: 3 teaspoons of raw sugar

Most of the holiday teas I've encountered this season have been caffeinated, so I was delighted to discover this cheerful peppermint herbal - all the better to sip during a long evening of grading!

After I opened the sample envelope, my senses cleared and I could close my eyes and imagine stepping into a candy cane forest. The herbal and rooibos elements are beautifully blended, and the rooibos (which can overcome some blends) had been perfectly balanced and restrained. It supports the flavors gorgeously but stays behind the curtain.

Mei-Mei timing the steep
from atop the tea chest.
I can't believe it, but it really is like licking a candy cane! Each sip brings a wave of peppermint, which quickly settles back and lets a creamy cool minty calm, which just lasts and lasts, slide in its wake. My tongue is still tingling even a full minute after my last drink. I can pick out very, very slight hints of the cornflower, but like the rooibos it is more of a stagehand, helping backstage to bring the experience to life. Now, My husband loves peppermint teas, but we rarely keep them on hand because so many of them can be overwhelming, and I hadn't found one that I could just sit back and enjoy... until now.

Prominent Notes: Peppermint with very slight hints of cornflower
Aftertaste: Creamy, lasting minty freshness
Overall: I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment