Thursday, June 13, 2013

Earl Grey Moonlight by Adagio Teas

Seller Description: "By popular demand, we have finally added an Earl Grey 'cream' blend. Comforting flavors of vanilla and cream combine to soften the citrus notes of traditional Earl Grey. Your taste buds will swoon at first sip of our Earl Grey Moonlight."
Directions: 1tsp/8oz, steep at 212 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-5 minutes.
Cost: $6/3oz

Teaware: 16oz capacity hand-thrown mug
Measured dry: 2 tsp
Water Temperature: Boiling
Steeping Time: 5 minutes
Additives: 1-1/2 tbsp Sugar in the Raw

I’m liking this one! A lot! I didn’t think that I would rate an EGC this highly, but the cream aspect here is toned down considerably and there’s a nice licorice aftertaste that I adore. I do wish the bergamot had come through a little stronger, but otherwise this tea and I have no issues!

Update: Now that I'm mostly over that cold (and no longer on all the lovely cold medicine!) I'm not quite as effervescently enthusiastic about this one, but this is still an enjoyable cup of tea! I continue to be weirded out about the creamless-cream flavoring in general (if it's there, you should see it!) but when I compare this to the other EGCs I've tried (like the Della Terra) this one actually does allow the Earl Grey flavors to do more than just peek through. Without a doubt this is the best EGC so far, but the EG is just not strong enough to be in the top tier.

Prominent Notes: Cream and bergamot
Aftertaste: A mix of vanilla and licorice
Overall: The best EGC so far, potential for upper tiers

No comments:

Post a Comment